Studdable Passenger/Light Truck Winter Tire
Designed for tough winter conditions, the Observe G3-Ice combines excellent performance with driving comfort. For areas that experience severe winters, this tire can be studded for added traction on ice and compacted snow. Optimized stud hole placement delivers better traction and a quieter ride with fewer studs. Observe G3-Ice shown with winter studs. Pinned to accept TSMI #11 stud.
Observe G3-Ice is a studable winter tire designed for optimum traction and braking on ice and snow. Consistent performance throughout the tire’s life makes it ideal for use in extreme winter weather conditions. Excellent in the most extreme weather conditions, Observe G3-Ice has a directional tread pattern to provide the best possible lateral road holding, even in the most difficult conditions. An optimised stud hole design offers exceptional stud retention and improved acoustic comfort.
- Circumferential Stud Distribution increased to 20 lines
- Excellent ice performance from optimised stud distribution throughout tread section
- Fully complies with latest Scandinavian Tire +amp, Rim Organisation regulation, reducing stud density to a maximum of 50pcs/m2 from 1st July,2013
Walnut Shell Microbits
- Microbits dig in and bite into hard ice surfaces to provide superior grip
- Environmently friendly natural material
Gear shaped edge of stud hole
- Edge effect on ice +amp, snow surface provides added grip
Saw Tooth Edge Block
- Saw tooth edge grabs onto surface snow for extra traction
New Softer, High-Silica Compound
- Ensures tread blocks remain flexible in lower temperatures
- Enhances wet braking and handling even in lower temperatures
Optimized Stud Hole Placement
- Improves road contact and traction with fewer studs
- Reduces noise, resulting in a quieter ride
Large U-Shaped Tread Blocks with Saw-Tooth Edge
- Grab onto the snow for better traction and braking
Gear Edge Design at Stud Hole
- Provides better traction during cornering and braking
- Improves traction as ground walnut shells dig and bite into the snow and ice
- Environmentally-friendly natural material
High Density 3D Multi-Wave Sipes
- Increases tread block rigidity for better ice traction
- Reduces irregular wear, resulting in a more comfortable ride
- Improves traction on ice and compact snow during cornering, braking and acceleration
EU Tyre Label and Efficiency Classes
The European Union, under CE 1222/2009, has mandated that all tyres manufactured after the date of July 1 2012 for cars and commercial vehicles include standard EU Tyre Labels classifying them by three performance characteristics:fuel efficiency classified from A to G,wet grip classified from A to G, and noise emission in decibels.
Categories of tyres unaffected by this regulation include: retreaded tyres, professional off-road tyres, racing/sports car tyres, as well as certain types of tyres designed to improve traction such as studded tyres, T-type temporary spare tyres, tyres for cars built before 1990, tyres with a maximum allowed speed of 80km/h, tyres for rims with a diameter less or equal to 254 mm or greater or equal to 635 mm.
This label is intended on one hand to promote economic and ecological efficiency in traffic, as well as increase road safety, and on the other hand to help consumers select appropriate tyres by ensuring a certain degree of product transparency.
Nevertheless, the label has been criticized for only showing a very limited number of characteristics. Professionals argue that tyres have many more features that are important and relevant to road safety, including but not limited to aquaplaning properties, driving stability, service life, product properties on wet and dry roads other than wet grip, properties on snow.
Tyre manufacturers suggest that the test results from various institutions and industry magazines should remain a very important source of information for the end consumer, because they focus on and rate a wide variety of tyre properties and features.
||Observe G3 Ice
||225/55 R18 102T XL
|Tyre load index
|With/Without Valve (TT/TL)