Superb braking performance for real high performance cars
One of the most crucial requirements of tires fitted on high performance, sports cars is agile steering precision. This ensures your vehicle maintains good adherence to the road in face of the considerable forces acting on the tires when driving at high speeds, making abrupt manoeuvres or changes in road surfaces.
The asymmetric tread ribs on the ContiSportContact™ 3 are designed to absorb these forces. On dry roads, the new tread pattern ribs provide outstanding braking capability and steering precision, by absorbing the forces exerted on braking. This means a reduction in stopping distances. On wet surfaces, the unique grooves allow increased clearance of water for better resistance to aquaplaning.
- Excellent safety when driving at speed
- Shorter stopping distances on dry and wet roads
- Excellent protection against aquaplaning
- Asymmetric tread ribs.
Continental SSR Tires SSR stands for SelfSupportingRunflat Tire
The SSR principle:
Unlike conventional tires, the SSR principle is based on a reinforced self-supporting sidewall. This prevents the inside of the tire from getting pinched between the road and the rim and from slipping into the rim well in the event of a loss of inflation. The SSR's reinforced sidewall enables the car to continue on its way at a maximum speed of 80 km/h (50 mph) for up to 80 km (50 miles), depending on road conditions and vehicle weight. SSR runflat tires offer crucial advantages
- With SSR tires you remain mobile in the event of a flat tire. You can reach your destination or tire service facility without the bother of having to replace a flat tire with the spare tire
- Compatible with standard rims
- Simple mounting
- Saves room and weight, and thus fuel, giving you as much as 3 cubic feet more cargo area.